Partnerships with schools
We are currently developing links with several local schools that provide for children with special educational needs.
Together we are exploring ways in which our research on the development of language and literacy and social understanding can be incorporated into teaching practice. These links include a student placement scheme, in which Lancaster students work in schools to provide classroom support and carry out small-scale research projects developed in collaboration with the school.
We are pleased to be developing partnership links with:
- Morecambe Road School, Morecambe
- Oakfield House School, Salwick, Preston
- Underley Garden School, Kirkby Lonsdale
- The Loyne School, Lancaster
- Cedar House School, Kirkby Lonsdale
If you would like to be involved in this scheme or offer a placement for one of our students at your school please contact Lynne Hargreaves